Life Changes

You can modify your dependents and benefits annually during open enrollment or if you have an eligible life event.

The Internal Revenue Service rules allow you to make enrollment changes when unforeseen life event circumstances occur between open enrollment periods. Note that special enrollment only applies to enrollment changes. You can change your medical plan choice only during open enrollment.

Life Changes Include:

  • Marriage
  • Divorce or legal separation
  • Birth of a child
  • Legal adoption or placement of a child
  • Death of a spouse or a child
  • Beginning or loss of spouse’s employment and benefits
  • Involuntary loss of outside coverage
  • Open enrollment at spouse’s employment
  • Judgment, decree or court order for coverage
  • Loss of eligibility – Medicaid/CHIP

Don't Delay

While you have 30 days following the date of the event to make changes, any difference in insurance premiums will be reflected on your paycheck following approval of the event.

  • Log into WorkDay with your eID and password. Call the Help Desk if you need assistance with logging in – or 1-800-968-4369 or ext. 77800
  • To locate step-by-step instructions with screenshots, visit the Workday Training Hub and select your benefit event.
  • Have your supporting documentation ready so you can submit your changes. Example – marriage certificate, loss of coverage proof, birth record/certificate, etc.
  • Please contact your Human Resources Department or the Gordon Food Service Benefits Customer Service Line at 616-717-6800 x76800 if you have any questions regarding this process.

Search Our Site…